At a recent stamping gathering I attended, our friend who organized it put together a goodie bag for everyone. Among the contents were some small paper bags and manilla tags to create a tag book with. This past weekend I was inspired to use them to make a small gift and I decided that Penny Johnson’s Vintage Collection would be the perfect stamps to use.
To begin, 5 small paper bags were glued together, stacked on top of each other. Then 2 holes were punched with a Crop-A-Dile in the side with the closed ends and fibers were added.
For the front I sponged the background layer with Distress Inks and embossed over top with a Cuttlebug folder. Then I sponged over the raised areas again with another Distress ink.
On the layered image I sponged more ink, then used the stamp Intertwined. I added a few dots of Stickles to the flower centers and Crystal Effects was applied to the center oval only. You can see some crinkles underneath where the paper was previously crumpled to distress.
Here’s the open end with the tags inserted…
All tags were first sponged with Distress Inks. I went kinda crazy and random with the colors and placement of the inks but it worked out well in the end.
1. On the first tag I used the Chandelier stamp. Added bling and applied some Stickles and Crystal Effects.
2. This stamp is Blossom Birds. The leaves and flower centers were painted with Distress inks. Added Liquid Pearls, brads, and a flower sticker.
3. Part of the Garden Shelf stamp was used here. Crystal Effects on the vase and the eggs were painted. The large keys on the bottom are embossed and sponged. The small key & lock are brads.
4. Stamp used is A Stamp Of Friendship. Leaves were painted and Stickles applied to flower centers. A metal charm was attached with a brad over the area of the stamp that has a button image.
5. My last tag has The Scent Of Sweet Memories image. Again, only a few parts were painted with Distress Inks. Crystal Effects was applied to one bottle. The lace was sewn into place with my sewing machine and I added a little bling.
I hope I’ve inspired you to create a tag book of your own…they’re so much fun!
stamps- Penny Johnson Vintage Collection by Stampavie (Chandelier, A Stamp of Friendship, Blossom Birds, Garden Shelf, Intertwined, and The Scent of Sweet Memories), SU! Happy Harmony, Best Yet, Delight in Life, and Hello You, Stampabilities Felt With The Heart; paper- Vanilla, Mauve Mist; ink- various Distress Inks, Memento Black; accessories- paper bags, manilla tags, adhesive rhinestones, Stickles, SU! Postage Stamp punch, paper leaves, metal charms, brads, Sandylion flower stickers, lace, Buttercup Liquid Pearls, Cuttlebug Sentimentals folder, Spare Parts Lock and Key brads, Crystal Effects, Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch, crochet thread, sewing machine, Making Memories Photo Corner Charm.