Here’s what I made for dinner tonight…yum! It was delish!
This recipe will definitely need to be scrapped (let me clarify…scrapbooked…not thrown away). :^)
It is called Creamy Pesto Chicken and Bow Ties…but I altered it a bit and added some tomatoes and spinach. It was sooo good!
Creamy Pesto Chicken and Bow Ties
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed (4 breast halves)
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 14.5 oz. can Italian Style diced tomatoes
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat butter in skillet. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, stirring often.
Add soup, pesto, milk, spinach and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done. Stir in drained pasta and heat through.
I’m thinking it would be good with mushrooms too…maybe next time!